Acne is that condition of your skin in which the hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. Because of this, it creates blackheads, whiteheads, or pimples. There are various effective acne treatments but they all are persistent. Because pimples and bumps heal slowly.
Symptoms of Acne:
- Large solid painful lumps under the skin
- Puss-filled lumps under the skin.
Causes of Acne:
- In this condition, excess oil is produced
- Hair follicles clogged by oil and dead skin cells.
It mostly appears on your face, forehead, shoulder, chest, and upper back. The hair follicles may bulge and produce a whitehead and the plug may be open to the surface and darken, causes a blackhead. Blackheads look like dirt stuck in the pores. But actually, it congested with bacteria and oil.
There are various reasons for acne:
- It comes mostly in the teenager’s age.
- Hormonal changes are also the main cause of acne. It comes to the life of both men and women. In the women’s lifecycle, it comes in midlife.
- Taking certain medications is also the reason for acne.
- Diet also plays the most important role in acne. Taking too much carbohydrate-rich food like; bread, chips, etc. These all kinds of foods worsen acne.
- In the last, in today’s lifestyle, there is very much stress in every single person’s life. If you have already acne then stress makes it worse.
Complications in acne:
People who have darker skin types are more likely than the people who have lighter skin to experience these acne complications. Pitted skin scars and thin scars can remain long-term after acne has healed. The skin changes after the acne have healed. The affected skin may be darker or lighter than before the condition occurred.
Things you can do in case of acne:
- Wash the affected area with mild soap or cleanser and wash it with lukewarm water. Do not use hot water or cold water because it makes the acne worse.
- Keeps your hands away from your face.
- Use oil-free makeup and remove it at the end of each day.
- Use your moisturizer routinely.
- Do not try to clean your blackheads or squeeze spots. This can make them worse and cause permanent scarring.
- Do not wash your affected area or skin more than two times a day. Frequent washes can irritate your skin and make symptoms worse.
- Wash your hair regularly and try to avoid letting your hair fall across your face.
Tips for preventing acne:
1. Do not touch your face too much:
Avoid touching your face and propping your cheek or your chin on your hands. It will not only spread bacteria but also irritate the already inflamed facial skin.
2.Keep your face skin:
Whether or not you have acne, it’s important to wash your face twice daily to wash all the impurities, dead skin cells, and extra oil from your skin. But do not wash your face more than twice a day, because it really harms your already irritated skin.
3. Stay out of the sun:
The sun’s ultraviolet rays increase inflammation and redness and can cause dark discoloration. So limit your time in the sun. Wear protective clothing such as long-sleeved shirts, pants, and a broad-brimmed hat. All these things protect you from direct sunlight.
4. Take a good meal:
Many people said that there are certain foods like chocolate that don’t cause pimples. Avoid greasy and oily foods and add fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. Dairy products and foods high in processed sugar and trigger acne.
5. Do not take stress:
Stress is also the main reason for severe acne and pimples. So in this case you have to make a check on those things from which stress is created and work on their solutions.
6. Use oil-free makeup:
In the acne, condition makeup doesn’t well for your skin. Avoid using foundation, powder, or blush. Before going to the bed remove your makeup properly with the water. Use oil-free makeup without added dyes and chemicals.
7. Use chemical-free products on your hair:
Avoid using fragrances, oils, or gels on your hairs. Because if your hair gets on your face then they block your skin pores and irritate your skin. So that’s why to use a very mild shampoo and conditioner. Oily hair can add oil to your face.
What type of treatment taken in acne?
1. At-home care:
There are few activities that you can try at home to prevent pimples and clear up your acne. Home remedies for acne are as follows:
- Shampooing your hair regularly and keeping it out of your face.
- Do not wear hats and tight headbands.
- Clean your skin daily with mild soap to remove excess oil and dirt from your face.
- Use water-based makeup and stop using chemical-based makeup.
- Do not pick up and squeezing your pimples, which spreads bacteria and excess oil.
- Not touching your face.
There are various types of medications that you can take for this:
- Topical medications: The common topical prescription medications for acne are; antibiotics, Dapsone, etc;
- Oral medications: combined oral contraceptives, anti-androgen agents, Isotretinoin, and many more.
There are some therapies for pimple treatment. There are some therapies are; light therapy, chemical peel, steroid injection.
4. Lifestyle and home remedies:
Wash problem areas with a gentle cleanser, try over-the-counter acne products to dry excess oil and promote peeling, avoid irritants, protect your skin from the sun, avoid friction or pressure on your skin, avoid touching your areas, shower after strenuous activities.
So keep doing all these things to remove your acne problems and makes your skin soft and healthy…