Kidney disease affects your body’s ability to clean blood, filter the extra water out from your body, also helps in controlling the blood pressure level. The kidney is an essential part of our body and if it damaged then the waste products and fluids build up in your body. Then it is caused the swelling in your ankles, nausea, weakness, poor sleep, and shortness of breath.
What are the symptoms of Kidney disease?
There are some problems that happened when your kidney disease. If your kidney is damaged in the slow position then in that case the symptoms will also reveal slowly over time.
You have symptoms like:
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sleeping problems
- If fluids build up in your body then there is a chance of shortness of breath
- High Blood pressure
We came to know the symptoms of kidney disease, Now next we find that how it diagnoses.
How kidney disease diagnosis?
If you feel any symptom that we discussed above then in that case you have to consult with your doctor. They can ask you some questions you regarding your problem like; your family medical history, what type of medications are you taking. After asking all these questions from you then they take your physical test or exam like;
- They will take your urine test to check that how your kidney works, because in some cases kidney may be failing.
- Blood Test, in which they can check that how much waste product is in your blood.
- In some cases, an imaging test would be taken that is like an ultrasound; with this test, the doctors can see your kidney.
All these types of tests can be taken by the doctor for assuring or clearing their doubt that what type of kidney disease you have. So the first responsibility is yours to visit the doctor if you have any kind of above symptoms.
It is that kind of situation in which your kidney loses up to 90 percent of function but after that, they do a good job.
There are two types of kidney failure:
- Acute kidney failure: In this failure, the kidney is lost its functions suddenly.
- Chronic kidney failure: It is a gradual loss of kidney failure. When the kidney fails, waste and the extra fluids build up in your body then it causes kidney failure.
Tips for Preventing Kidney Failure:
The two most common causes of kidney disease or kidney failure are high blood pressure and diabetes. Prevention from kidney failure is to control your blood pressure and diabetes because both these two things directly affect your kidney. Tips for managing these two things:
- Eat a heart-healthy diet: Take healthy food to stay fit and healthy. A heart-healthy diet is that which included sugar and cholesterol in low level and fiber, the whole grain, fruits, and vegetables in high quantity. If you eat this healthy diet then your body weight also becomes good.
- Manage your Blood pressure: High blood pressure is not good for your body. Because it increases the risk of heart disease and kidney failure.
- Exercise Regularly: Do some exercise like walking and running. It can help in reducing stress, manage diabetes, high blood pressure, and maintains your body weight. Add some exercise to your daily routine, so that you became fit and healthy.
- Alcohol: Overeating and over-drinking both are dangerous for our health. Alcohol increases your blood pressure level. It also contains the extra calories that increase your body weight & in case of kidney failure excess weight is doesn’t well for you.
- Drink Water: If you drink less water then your body gets dehydrated and it reduces the blood flow of your kidneys, which can damage them. So that is why in this type of situation ask your doctor that how much water you will drink per day.
- Stress-free: Anxiety and stress are those two things that increase the blood pressure level and if your blood pressure increases then it is not good for your kidney. So you have to keep your mind relaxed and stress-free, Soit comes at the right level. And your kidney automatically feels relaxed.
- Take less salt: Excess salt is like a position for your body. Eating too much salt increases your blood pressure level. So always take salt in a limited quantity.
- Manage your blood sugar: It is also the most important part in the case of kidney failure. Because high blood sugar levels increase the risk of heart disease and kidney disease. Keep your blood sugar level in control by taking less sugar in every food item.
- Quit smoking: It doesn’t well for our health. It creates various health-related issues that are unbearable sometimes. Smoking also reduces the blood flows to your kidneys. It damages the kidneys of people with or without kidney disease.
Treatments for Kidney failure:
There are three main treatments for kidney failure:
- Kidney Transplant
- Medical management
It helps your body to get rid of the extra fluid and waste in your blood, but it doesn’t perform all those functions that the healthy kidneys do. In kidney failure, you can face some kind of problems even after you have taken it. There are two types of dialysis:
It is that type of dialysis that uses the machine to clean your blood. You can take this dialysis treatment at the dialysis center or at the home.
This dialysis uses the lining of your belly area to clean the blood of your body that is called the peritoneum. This treatment for kidney disease, dialysis you can take at home or at the workplace if you have a private clean area.
2. Kidney Transplant:
In this treatment, your kidney transplants with someone else person who has a healthy body. It is a kind of surgery. The kidney that is transplanted from the healthy person’s body works the same as a healthy kidney performs.
3. Medical Management:
Sometimes depends upon your kidney condition, besides taking the dialysis or kidney transplant option. Medical management is the way to treat the symptoms of kidney failure or kidney disease.